Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

I've been using my crockpot like crazy lately. Here's another easy and delicious recipe!

CROCKPOT CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP

Original recipe from here. Mine is slightly different since I had to work with what I had in my pantry and my timing.


Ingredients:

1/2 cup chopped celery
1/2 cup carrots
1/2 cup thinly diced onions
5 cups chicken stock or broth
1 can cream of chicken
1 can corn
1.5 cups egg noodles
cooked and chopped chicken
salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

Chop/dice all of the veggies. I did this the night before so I stored them in a container in the fridge overnight.

Add the veggies, chicken broth, cream of chicken, and a little salt and pepper to taste into the crockpot. Stir to mix and cook on low for 5.5 hours.

When you get home from work, add in the egg noodles and cooked and chopped chicken. Cook on high in the crockpot for 1 hour.

Finally, I ladeled this yummy soup into some bowls and enjoyed a warm, homemade meal! Yum!



This made enough for leftovers for my husband and myself. I always like to keep an extra can of chicken broth on hand so that when I reheat the soup, I can add it in. I find that the chicken and noodles can suck in some of the soup making it even more delicious, but leaving you with mostly veggies, chicken, and noodles and not much broth.

Print off the recipe here: Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup

Linked this recipe to: Somewhat Simple

No comments:

Post a Comment