Thursday, July 19, 2012

Ugly Rug Makeover

Since Matt and I spruced up our patio, I couldn't let this hideous doormat continue to look ugly while everything else was looking so nice. So, I chose a spray paint color I already had, used duct tape (you really can use this stuff for anything!) to make a striped pattern making sure that the paint would cover any stains or spots, and sprayed away.

Yikes.





This took several coats of spray paint. The rug appeared to just be absorbing all the paint, and there were even some spots that just wouldn't completely take in the paint. I was skeptical but when I pulled off the duct tape the end result was much better than I was anticipating.




This little rug still has its flaws, but its much better than before and it was a free makeover!

No comments:

Post a Comment