Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mississippi Mud Pie

I love dessert. Especially, creamy, fudgy, chocolatey desserts. I'm not a cake person though (I know, I'm weird). This Mississippi Mud Pie pretty much entails everything I love about desserts. This recipe is delicious, SUPER EASY, and makes 2 pies! Ideally, it'd be great for the summer, but why wait???


Here's how you make it.

Ingredients:

1 tub whipped cream
3/4 cup sugar
8oz cream cheese, softened
one-3.9 oz chocolate pudding
one-3.4 oz butterscotch pudding
3 cups milk
two-graham cracker crusts (you can make your own or buy the pre-made ones at the store)

Directions:

Beat together half of the whipped cream container, 3/4 cup sugar, and the cream cheese. Beat until everything has mixed together then layer it on top of the graham cracker crusts.

Next, mix both of the pudding mixes with 3 cups milk for approximately 3 minutes(I used the same bowl as above once I had scraped out all of that good stuff and spread it onto the crust). Let sit for 2-3 minutes then smooth over the first whipped cream/cream cheese layer.

Finally, use the remaining whipped cream from the tub to smooth over the pudding layer. (I have found that the best way for me to smooth all of these layers is just a plain old spoon.)

Chill for at least 3 hours before serving.

Click here to see where I like to share my crafts and recipes each week.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking for the recipe while my mother was working... I know she knows how to make it, but not sure on quantities of ingredients... However, I remember her saying she uses powdered sugar... Your recipe just says sugar... Just curious whether or not you use powdered sugar.

    ReplyDelete