Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Drop Cloth Curtains

A while back as I was preparing for one of my painting projects, I had bought a drop cloth from Home Depot. As I opened it up, I noticed what I nice color it was. Then an idea popped into my head...drop cloth curtains! I did a little research online and lo and behold other people have had this idea too. I got excited and so did my husband so off we went to Home Depot to purchase 6 drop cloths and some rods to hang them with.


Pin It


Matt worked to get the rods hung up while I did about 6 loads of laundry with the drop cloths and tons of fabric softner (I did 2 at time each load with a full lid of fabric softner), then dried, then ironed them. Finally, I clipped the rings onto the drop cloths, put them on the rod, and voila! Amazing! No sewing involved, a cheap solution to expensive drapes ($10 for a 6x9 drop cloth), and really makes a difference in the room!

Pin It


Linking up to: Skip to My Lou, Today's Creative Blog, Under the Table and Dreaming

3 comments:

  1. The curtains work so well in your room. I made a set for my bathroom after seeing it on The Lettered Cottage. I still need to move the bamboo shade into the room for privacy.

    BTW, I love the pop of blue on the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am thinking of putting a drop cloth curtain over my sliding door. Are you satisfied with how well the canvas drop cloth blocks out the sun? Before I rip open this package I was wondering if too much light is going to get in since I live in Az and the light is always bright! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...I live in Chicago so it doesn't get quite as hot as Arizona I'm sure, but it still gets hot and humid for part of the summer. We have window AC units, not central air, so on the days that it's going to be nice and toasty I usually shut all of the curtains in the sunroom to try to block out as much sun and heat as possible. It keeps the place pretty cool, but probably not as cool as a heavier, darker shade. I'm not really sure what to tell you besides my experience with it!

      Delete