Thursday, June 28, 2012

Peach Crisp

Being born and raised in Georgia, it only makes sense that I love peaches, right? I grew up eating this peach crisp for special events. Whenever I'd come home from college my mom made sure to make it for me. I attempted to impress my boyfriend (now husband) and his roommates by making this for them. It didn't go so well the first time since I forgot to add the flour mixture (I was a novice baker back then). And what if a good friend has a sweet little baby? I make this!

Peach Crisp
serves 6-8

Ingredients
4 cups peaches (fresh or frozen)
3/4 cup sugar, divided (1/4 and 1/2)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened

The How-To
Preheat the oven to 375.
In a medium sized bowl, toss together the peaches, 1/4 cup sugar, and the cinnamon. Place in a lightly greased 8x8 baking dish.

In another bowl, mix together the rest of the ingredients. You can either use your Kitchen-Aid or two knives to cut the butter into the flour and sugar mixture until crumbly. I let the butter sit out at room temperature for about 30-45 minutes before I used it. It made the cutting much easier.




Pour the mixture on top of the peaches. Bake for 35-45 minutes until the flour mix is a golden brown on top.


 

While everyone else was devouring dessert, I was snuggling up with this little guy.


Unfortunately he wasn't able to enjoy the peach crisp, but one day he will because his mama asked me for the recipe.

You can print of this delicious summer recipe here. And also check out where I like to share my recipes with others.

Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment