Monday, June 4, 2012

Mexican Sangria

Here's another lovely drink recipe from Pinterest. We enjoyed this refreshing Mexican sangria in the hot 90 degree weather on Memorial Day in Chicago. Not a bad way to spend the afternoon!

Mexican Sangria
adapted from Design Sponge

Ingredients:
1 bottle of red wine
1 cup of tequila
1/2 cup of oj
Sliced red or green apples, watermelon, oranges, mangoes, etc (whatever you want, really)

In a large pitcher, mix the red wine through the fruit (in that order).



photos courtesy of my husband

Add ice to chill (if serving in the near future) OR cover and refrigerate overnight so the ingredients can all blend nicely together.

Put a few ice cubes into each glass, pour the sangria, add some freshly chopped fruit, and enjoy on a hot, summer day!



If you have any other tried and true versions of sangria recipes, please do share!

Click here to see where I share my recipes and crafts.

3 comments:

  1. This looks yummy. I'm going to borrow your recipe for a dinner we're having on the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Looks delish! Link it up with me on my Wow Us Wednesday, ok? Over at www.familyhomeandlife.com

    ReplyDelete