Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tried It, Liked It Tuesday: Sweet Orange Vinagrette

Since I have about 50 million (slight exaggeration) things pinned on Pinterest, I'm going to make an effort to actually make some of these things! If I like it, I'll share it with you.
Here's the first "Tried It, Liked It Tuesday" post. It is a variation of an orange vinagrette that I used to accompany the beet salad I made (recipe also below).

Sweet Orange Vinagrette
adapted from Taste of Home

Ingredients



  • 1/2 cup canola oil (used olive oil instead)
  • 1/3 cup orange juice
  • 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
  • 1 green onion, finely chopped (didn't use because I didn't have it)
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon white pepper (I used black pepper)

  • Directions:
    Mix all ingredients together and whisk until well blended. Viola! It's seriously that easy and homemade dressings are always much tastier than store bought. This was the perfect flavor to drizzle on this tasty beet salad.

    Red Cabbage and Beet Salad

    Ingredients:
    • red cabbage, chopped
    • mixed lettuce in a bag
    • 3-5 steamed and peeled beets, sliced (bought mine at Trader Joe's)
    • sliced oranges
    • chopped pecans
    • crumbled feta

    Directions:

    Toss all ingredients together and drizzle with dressing of choice (possibly the sweet orange vinagrette??). Enjoy!


    1 comment:

    1. This looks yummy! I would love for you to link up with me every Wednesday at http://www.firsthomelovelife.com/2012/06/features-and-whats-cooking-wednesday-5.html

      ReplyDelete