Monday, February 27, 2012

Cheesy Chicken Pasta

This is a quick and easy pasta recipe using kitchen staples. I made this recipe for one of my girlfriends who just had a baby. I took this pasta dish along with a side salad to her for dinner the other night. I made extra for my husband and myself as well. It was delicious!

White Cheddar (although I used mozzarella) Chicken Pasta
original recipe from Homemade by Holman

For the chicken:
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
1 tsp dry mustard
1 T Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 T olive oil

Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Mix together mustard, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper and sprinkle over chicken pieces. When pan is hot, add chicken and brown about 5-7 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove to a plate.




For the pasta:
1 pound rotini or other short cut pasta
2 T butter
2 T flour
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 small onion, finely diced
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 T Dijon mustard
8 oz mozzarella, shredded (the original recipe called for sharp cheddar, but I didn't have any)
2 cups milk (I used skim milk)
1 T fresh Italian seasoning (or oregano, thyme, etc)
Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
Parmesan cheese to taste

Heat water to boil in a large stock pot for pasta, add salt and pasta and cook to al dente and drain according to directions.

Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add flour and whisk to combine. Add wine, garlic, onions, and mustard. Cook about 5 minutes, until onions are translucent.


Reduce heat to low and slowly add milk, stirring to combine. Cook about 5-7 minutes more until mixture begins to thicken.


Add cheese and stir to melt. Add chicken and pasta and toss to incorporate sauce. Add thyme and oregano or italian seasoning and serve topped with crushed red pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese.


Pin It



Bon appetite!

You can print off this recipe here.



Click here to see where I share my crafts and recipes each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment