Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Placemat Serving Tray

I love getting all crafy, but sometimes I just want a super quick and easy fix to my "problem." In this case, I had found this beautiful brown wood serving tray at Salvation Army for $3.99. I just saw the exact same one at Target today for $19.99. Not sure what happened there other than the fact that I got a great deal!

Anyways, the serving tray was in great condition, but just needed a little spicing up. So, I purchased this single vinyl placemat at Target (think it was about $4) that matched my decor.


I measured the length and width of the inside of the serving tray with a tape measure. With a ruler, I drew straight lines that measured the same length and width as the inside of the tray. I used scissors to cut along the lines and simply placed it into the tray.

Viola! An instant and cheap face lift! The nice thing about this is that it can be easily switched with another pattern if I choose to use it in another location in the future. Love it!

Pin It


Linking up to: A Bowl Full of Lemons, Someday Crafts, Homemaker on a Dime, Somewhat Simple

2 comments:

  1. Such a little change, with amazing impact! Looks fantastic!

    Would love to see this on my new link party. :-)
    Mauvin' Monday Link Party

    Cheers,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete