Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

This is a suuuuuuper easy crockpot meal that makes a ton for leftovers and/or freezing for a later meal. I found this on Pinterest which sent me to My Chocolate Therapy blog. Let me tell you, I think I'll be stopping by her blog more often.

Here's the recipe...

CROCKPOT CHICKEN TACOS

Ingredients
2-14 oz cans of ro-tel (tomatoes with chiles) OR 1 jar of salsa
1 pack taco seasoning
5-6 chicken breasts



Directions
Pour the salsa and taco mix into the crockpot. Stir together.

Add in the chicken breasts. Place some of the salsa mix on top of chicken.

Cover and cook for 6-8 hours on low.

When finished, the chicken should shred fairly easily. Use a fork to help you with this process.

I was nervous to make this recipe because I haven't always had good luck with chicken cooking in the crockpot. It tends to get dried out. I cooked 5 chicken breasts for 6.5 hours on low and it turned out great!

You can add avocado, cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, whatever you like on your taco.



Pin It


I had enough chicken leftover to make chicken tortilla soup which called for 1 cup shredded chicken and I froze about 2 cups shredded chicken. I will definitely be making this recipe again. I'm all about the crockpot, making multiple tasty meals, and having enough leftover for the freezer!

Be on the lookout for the chicken tortilla soup recipe later this week!



Linking up to: Someday Crafts, Sew Much Ado, Handy Man, Crafty Woman, Rae Gun Ramblings

Click here to see where I link up my recipes and crafts each week.

1 comment:

  1. oh that sounds perfect right now I'm hungry I would love you to add this and any other posts you want to show off to my What We Wore and Made party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete