Sunday, February 19, 2012

I promise I do things other than cooking...

I've been on a cooking kick lately. It's probably because its winter and I'm finding a million delicious recipes on Pinterest. We also have had a lot of guests and/or been going to friends' houses for dinners so I've been cooking away!

I do like to do things other than cooking and baking. Like sewing. I love to sew. In fact, I love to sew so much that I opened an Etsy shop to fulfill my love. My friends have been super supporters of mine and have asked me to custom make baby items, table runners, and pillows for them. I've loved that I'm able to create beautiful things for them to pass along to friends and family (or keep for themselves).

Here are a few of my more recent projects. And if you're interested in me making something for you, feel free to contact me. I'd love to help you pick out the perfect pattern for a baby gift, pillow, tablerunner, etc. Just let me know what you're thinking! Check out my shop, The Turquoise Pear.

I've made quite a few baby items lately. It seems like I'm at the phase in my life where my friends are popping out babies left and right (and they are some pretty cute babies if I do say so myself)!



My new sister-in-law asked me to sew table runners and pillows for her wedding reception in beautiful Charleston, SC. I was SO honored!






My cousin-in-law, Sarah, loved the print of this fabric so much that she asked me to make her a table runner for her dining room table. Check it out.



I do have some extra of this fabric so if you'd like a pillow(s) or tablerunner of your own, send me an email at theturquoisepear@gmail.com.

Sewing is such a passion of mine! I don't have nearly as much time for it as I'd like, but I love when I do get that time to just sit and create!

1 comment:

  1. They're beautiful! Well done! What a neat edition to the wedding...

    ReplyDelete