Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Green Smoothie

When you read the ingredients of this recipe don't give up on me and never come back. I promise you that this is a tasty smoothie even though the ingredients sound really weird together. Trust me, when my sis-in-law passed this recipe along to me, I thought, "Ew. Spinach and bananas? Sick!" Then, when I actually made it, it took me a few to work up the courage to take a sip. And I was pleasantly surprised.

Green Smoothie
Ingredients:

2 TBSP hemp seeds or flax seeds or chia seeds (chia seeds are probably best but Whole Foods has been out of them for a while)
1 banana, sliced and frozen
a handful of spinach
1 cup almond milk
1 TBSP almond butter



The How-To:

Grind the hemp seeds (or whichever seeds you use) in the blender. It's hard to get all of them finely ground, but just do it enough that overall it is.



Add in all remaining ingredients and blend. If the consistency isn't quite how you like it, try adding in a couple of ice cubes.



Sip and enjoy!

I love drinking these in the morning as my breakfast. It keeps me full for about 4 or 5 hours and I feel good about myself because I started off the day right with lots of nutrients and vitamins. Give this smoothie a try and let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. i started drinking smoothies a week ago. My skin improved after 2 days! Everyone should drink them, I feel like a have more energie than ever.

    ReplyDelete