Saturday, February 18, 2012

A Good Ol' Chili Recipe

I know that there's all kinds of chili out there. I've never found one that I loved until this one. Sure, I have liked plenty others, but this one did it for me! I can't claim it as my own (it's from a good friend), but I had to share. We enjoyed this chili while watching the Super Bowl.


Good Ol' Chili
serves 4-5

Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 onion chopped
1 bell pepper chopped (green or red)
1 jalapeno diced (remove the seeds and white inside part of the pepper if you don’t like spicy chili)
4-6 cloves minced garlic
1 package McCormicks chili seasoning
1 TBS chili powder
1 beer (I used Goose Island 312, but I’m sure any kind will do)
1 28oz can of diced tomatoes
1 14oz can each of black beans, kidney beans and chili beans drained

The How To:
Brown the meat in a large pot or dutch oven (5q). Drain and set aside.

Chop the onion and pepper. Add 2-3 TBS olive oil into the same pot that you cooked the meat and put back on med high heat. Add the onions and bell peppers. Cook for five minutes stirring occasionally. Stir in the garlic, jalapeno and cook for a minute more.



Add the cooked meat, all the seasoning, beer and tomatoes to the pot. Stir well and bring everything up to a simmer. Turn the heat to low and cook the chili for 1 hour stirring occasionally to make sure it isn’t sticking.

Finally, add the beans and mix well. Add cheese, sour cream, or whatever else you like on top!

Pin It


Enjoy! And if you have a chili recipe that you think I must try, please share it with me!

You can print off this recipe here.

Click here to see where I share my crafts and recipes each week.

1 comment:

  1. I pinned this on Pinterest. Thank you for joining Creative Bloggers Party and Hop :)

    ReplyDelete