Wednesday, February 15, 2012

DIY Sweater Pillows

When I started thinking about how I wanted to decorate my home for the winter months, I knew that I wanted something that was able to span past Christmas. I had been seeing sweater pillows all around Pinterest and decided to give them a try myself in making them. This was a super easy, quick, and cheap project that requires minimal sewing.

I headed to the Salvation Army and selected a couple of cable knit off-white sweaters for a total of $6. I brought them home, washed them, and let them air dry. The transformation then began. I only had to cut and sew the top and bottom of the sweaters to make it fit my 20x20 pillows. The sweater material was also pretty forgiving by hiding any small mistakes. For one of the pillows I added a zipper but the other pillow was able to be put on by unbuttoning the buttons that were already on the sweater.

Pin It

What do you think? You can totally do this on your own if you know how to sew a straight stitch. If you're interested in buying one from me instead of trying to make one of your own, let me know and I'd love to whip one up for you! Email me at theturquoisepear@gmail.com.



Click here to see where I share my crafts and recipes each week.

2 comments:

  1. I've seen similar pillows in stores lately and love the idea. I just need to go find some sweaters still in good shape and get sewing! Thanks for sharing how you made yours :)

    ReplyDelete